Minestarters was founded by Marc Nally, a geologist with over 20 years’ experience of mining and mineral exploration in Ireland, Chile, Peru, Indonesia, Spain, Finland, United Kingdom, Republic of Congo, Ethiopia and Zambia.
Marc Nally graduated with a BSc in Mining Geology from Imperial College, Royal School of Mines, at the University of London in 1994 and from Athlone Institute of Technology with a Certificate in Mineral Engineering in 1990.
“For over 20 years I have worked for junior and start-up exploration and mining companies on 11 projects prior to their development, for periods ranging from 6 years to 4 weeks, that have gone on to become producing mines or advanced projects, namely:
- Veduga – Trans-Siberian Gold, Russia (3 MOz Au)
- Asacha – Trans-Siberian Gold, Russia (1 MOz Au)
- Tembang – Sumatra Copper and Gold, Indonesia (500,000 Oz Au)
- Mount Muro (Dua Lagi) – Aurora Gold, Indonesia (30,000 Oz Au)
- Barruecopardo, Ormonde Mining, Spain (70,000 t W2O3)
- Mimbula – Moxico Resoures, Zambia (800,000 t Cu)
- Kopsa – Belvedere Resources, Finland (500,000 Oz Au)
- Hinda – Cominco, Republic of Congo (44 Mt Phosphate)
- Star Zinc – Moxico Resources, Zambia (80,000 t Zn)
- Tambang Sawah – Sumatra Copper and Gold, Indonesia (250,000 Oz Au)
- Hirsikangas – Belvedere Resources, Finland (250,000 Oz Au)
Figure 1 Locations of the principal projects Marc Nally has worked on
Through Minestarters, I’m spreading my practical message about what it takes to identify, secure and start a mine in any jurisdiction in the world.
My experience of being involved in mining companies from start-up stage to initial public offering and into mine production has led me to identify the 8 most important factors in starting any new mining company, these are the “8 Pillars” presented in my eBook.
I hope to inspire mining entrepreneurs, inform people outside of the mining business about how the inside game works and to help people realize their ambitions of bringing their own mines to market.”
– Marc Nally